The Mission Team finds the following to be important values in determining how to allocate mission funds and become involved in Mission projects.
We desire to support missions which:
1. Are effective in achieving the ministry's goals, accountable, efficient, and above reproach.
2. Offer the opportunity for “hands on” participation by St. Andrew's members. In addition, we must:
consider every member as being sent,
encourage inter-generational efforts,
partner with other churches, and
foster relationships with those served.
3. Address the needs of the poor in Pima County and in the 2/3 world by:
providing the appropriate response to the need, not just the easiest response;
doing more to address the root cause of need rather than the symptoms, and
involving the needy in the process whenever possible.
4. Favor ministry where Gospel in word and deed are intertwined,
5. Offer short term support to new or struggling Presbyterian churches,
6. Share the Gospel with unreached people.
7. Foster the development of new pastors and missionaries from within our congregation.
8. Use innovative methods to communicate the gospel or serve the needy.